Sunday, July 22, 2012

Revlon Colorstay Whipped Foundation Review


Overall: I never bought the regular Revlon Colorstay foundation, but I tried it on at my cousin's house before. The foundation had good coverage, but it left my skin looking a little bit cakey and definitely not natural. The whipped foundation is the complete opposite! It has such amazing coverage, and is so blend-able, but has a very skin like finish. It isn't too dewey, but isn't matte either. It's the perfect balance between matte and glowy. I have definitely noticed a difference between my other foundations and this one. My skin look clearer, and the foundation doesn't fade throughout the day. I highly recommend this product!

Swatch: I have the foundation in the color Sand Beige


Product claims: REvlon claims that this product is 24 hours. I don't think any product is, or should, be able to last for 24 hours. However, this product has amazing staying power. It isn't cakey, and isn't too heavy, and has a really natural finish.

Packaging: Overall, the packaging is nice in terms of looks. The appearance looks like it is more expensive than it actually is. However, although it's nice to have a luxurious looking container it isn't very practical. It is difficult to travel with and the extra packaging is such a waste. I would've preferred a lighter weight container with less packaging waste. But the products is so good that I would repurchase it despite the obnoxious packaging.


Application: I just dab on a small amount onto different sections of my ace and blend it out with my fingers. I also tried applying it with y fingers and then blending it out with my sigma f80 flat top kabuki brush, but I think the brush soaks up the product and doesn't really blend it out as well as with my fingers. I don't really set the foundation because of the amazing staying power. Throughout the day sometimes I touchup and powder through my t-zone, but it isn't really necessary to powder this foundation.



No comments:

Post a Comment