Monday, January 13, 2014

Golden Globes 2014 Best and Worst Dressed



The Golden Globes are one of the most entertaining award shows to watch. We get to see our favorite celebrities from TV and movies, with the occasional musician thrown in as well(honestly as a self proclaimed swiftie I'm ashamed to admit I had no idea Taylor would be attending let alone that she was nominated oops). The Hollywood Foreign Press may be analyzing the talent, but I'm gonna stick to the style choices.

Zooey Deschanel:
I'm going to be completely honest, even though I feel like I'm alone on this, I'm not a fan of Zooey. I think her whole--dare I even say it--quirky (honestly does this word solely exist to describe her? is it ever used otherwise?!) act is a bit contribed. That being said, she looked absolutely stunning last night. She perfectly executed the vintage glam look in her Oscar de la Renta dress and crop top ensemble. I especially commend her on the nails, which of course I always take note of. The nail art was fun, yet fitting to the elegant. Somehow the New Girl star even managed to pull off a flower in her hair in a tasteful way.



Jennifer Lawrence:
Ugh...why Jlaw?! Trust me, it's actually painful for me to even think anything negative about her. I love Lawrence way too much, it is definitely beyond an unhealthy obsession. But really? The Dior gown was just awkward and not flattering. Anything she wore as Rosalind in American Hustle could've topped this (to be honest her wet suit from Catching Fire could've topped this...). However, Her makeup was stunning, and the new hair do is growing on me. Not to mention her flawless acceptance speech nearly brought me to tears.


(side note: Colton Haynes rocked the same look as Lawrence! Who wore it better? For real check out his instagram for the adorable pic)

Kerry Washington:
She looked incredible!! Her white Balanciaga gown featured, what she called "her best accessory of the night", her adorable baby bump. She looked pretty, just straight up girly, glam, pretty. And I loved it!

 

Lena Dunham:
Dunham's gown was as disappointing as the second season of Girls (come one we all know it went downhill after season one)Honestly, I think to a certain extent Dunham picks dresses that don't fit her to make some sort of point--not sure exactly what point that is. I LOVE her and her writing, and the fact that she isn't the conventional hollywood starlet. But can't she be unconventional in a dress that fits? Personally, I don't even mind the Zac Posen gown itself. I can even handle the bright canary yellow.. but does it fit? Don't celebrities get stuff custom made and altered and all that stuff? She looks like she's in some hand-me-down prom dress!
  

Margot Robbie:
I haven't seen Wolf of Wall street yet, so I was unaware of how breathtakingly beautiful Margot Robbie was in general. Last night she looked amazing. My favorite of the night. Robbie's cream Gucci gown with the perfect amount of jeweled details, and a deep V and high slit that she managed to keep completely classy. Her hair, her makeup, her jewelry...it was all just perfect. Honestly, in awe.

 

1 comment:

  1. Not to be the one who disagrees, but I was not a lover of Margot Robbie's gown.

    ReplyDelete